Monday, January 12, 2009

Blog Assignment #1

1. How would you have explained the meaning of the term "ethics", before taking this class?

I would explain the term ethics as doing what is right and wrong in your opinion. Ethics is your view point on every situation that comes up, and what you think is ethical will determine what action or side you take. Ethics are learned, and are taught by people that you respect and trust what they are doing is right.

2. What are some of your deepest held values?

The value that I hold the deepest is trust. If someone can put their trust in you, then other values begin to arise like respect. Another value that I hold deeply is family, and family works along with trust because my family is where I can always put my trust and ask for advice.

3. What are some main principles you try to live your life by?

Some main principles that I try to live by include being someone that people enjoy being around, not take life to seriously, and to leave the world knowing that I lived a little.

4. What moral qualities do you look for in others?

An important moral quality I look for in others is their awareness of a higher power, not necessarily religion, but that they know that each person is here for a purpose. Another moral value is that a person looks to not let others down, and will do anything to make sure they don't fail at something.

5. How were your values and principles developed?

My values and principles where developed overtime starting out when I was young by my parents, and I was very close to my grandpa who taught me quite a bit about what was wrong and right. Also, I was taught strict personal values by going to private school for 10 years. My values have changed a little as I grew older learning by kind of a trial and error method.

6. How have your values and principles changed throughout your life so far?

So far I would say that the biggest value that has changed as of late for me is education. In the past I just always knew that I would end up going to college, and then going to get a job. I didn't value how much effort it took to become successful in school. Overall my core values have stayed the same, but I can say that today I look at the overall picture in life and don't let small things get me down.

7. Out of 25 points, how many points do you feel your work on this assignment deserves? Justify your answer.

I believe I deserve a 25, because I answered all the questions to the best of my knowledge about ethics.

No comments:

Post a Comment